Sunday, February 27, 2011

Sicko

Eh. So I am sick in bed with a stomach flu. Not exactly where I thought I was gonna be on this Sunday afternoon. I had a great weekend: friday night I worked, went to Macados with a friend, then saw Chronicles of Narnia and spent the night at a friends dorm. I woke up and felt great- a little tired, but nothing big. I had an amazing Saturday with some new dear friends. We went downtown and had a photoshoot kinda action thing. It was awesome! I felt like a little kid climbing everywhere and exploring downtown. The weather was incredible and it was so much fun! Here are a few shots!








Then afterwards we departed ways close to dinner time Saturday night and I got back in my room and felt a sudden sickness. It came out of nowhere! Hit me like a train. I couldn't make it to the bathroom before I wrecked my room. Gross. I had to clean it up, even more fun (makes me wish I was home...a good thing that Dad's are for haha). Then I felt-ish better. But I definitely wasn't...bad idea- don't eat afterwards. Two more times I threw up....Fortunately I was better prepared. It was crazy- I suddenly got so tired and sick in a matter of moments. O well. Whenever you're sick you always wish you were home or in the company of very close friends. Unfortunately everyone on my hall that I could be vulnerable enough with to let them see me sick was home this weekend. Awesome. haha. I was okay though, I didn't really want anyone to see me miserable.
I couldn't be more grateful for the texts that got me through the night last night. My dear friend 3000 miles away who took a semester off and is always the one who takes care of me while I'm sick at school used her nursing and comforting skills in the late hours of the night so I knew what to do (I am terrible when it comes to sickness stuff haha)
This morning I woke up and texted another friend who came and brought me all the goods I could want- gatorade, gingerale, crackers, and chicken noodle soup.
I am beyond blessed to have friends that care so much!
Now I am laying in bed...haven't moved for almost 24 hours. This is very out of character for me. I never take a day off...but a little forced R&R is good I guess. I really should study...we'll see if that happens! For now watching TV and drinking gatorade are my first priorities. haha

No comments:

Post a Comment