Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Content

One of the best feelings in the world is feeling that at this point in my life I am closer to God than I have ever been. There are so many moments I think "God, I feel like I know you so well...I trust you. I have faith." Then I wonder, "Is it possible to get any closer to God?" I mean we're really tight right now....
That's one of the beautiful things about the Christian walk. As we continue to seek God and draw near to Him, He increases our faith and we have that closeness. During these moments I don't always "feel" as in an emotional high close to God necessarily (while that generally accompanies it as well) but rather it is a peace about life even when there are so many unanswered questions. So many things I don't know if I am doing them right...It's almost as if I feel like I am missing something---everything seems okay. I mean I don't have a terrible life but I have my own sets of struggles and stresses. But now I am at the place of complete contentment with the Lord. And when I use the word "complete" it means that He is increasing that completeness daily. I can acknowledge that stuff isn't always what I want it to be but I am becoming who I should be in view of the Lord and my passion is maximizing God's glory in every area of my life. I am in love with my Savior. He can make sense of the senseless things. I will question and wonder about areas of my life, but in the end I don't have to be anxious or worry because I trust Him.
I am in love.

No comments:

Post a Comment