Saturday, February 5, 2011

Crisis situations

I am currently trying out to be an RA at Liberty. If you think applying for a job anywhere is challenging, you haven't tried out to be an RA here. I am completely at peace with making it or not...God knows what I'm supposed to do and that's okay for me!
Tonight we had role playing opportunities. One room we walked into there were three girls. One with (fake) blood and glass screaming, another girl with alcohol being very defiant and drinking, and another crying because her boyfriend broke up with her. It was chaos! We had 3 minutes to assess the situation and act and then explain in one minute why we did what we did.
I handled the situation well in the moment and all of the reasons why I should do something, but afterwards I think I went into a little bit of shock. I know it's not real and all that jazz but it was really stressful...I think mainly because I have in a sense dealt with all of those situations in one way shape or form (hospital visits and hardcore injuries, drinking problems, and boys) and to be confronted head on all at once felt like a nightmare I couldn't wake up from....
At the same time, I really enjoyed the challenge and to see what I'm made of...I guess I'm just more surprised that I got really anxious afterwards. In psychology I'm assuming that's what they called getting "triggered" by other emotions and life situations.

No comments:

Post a Comment