Monday, June 6, 2011

Moving Part 1

Today I felt like me, distinctly, in three moments. 
The first was at church surrounded by a few Liberty friends in worship. I felt like somehow I was actually not even in my new church, but rather at Thomas Road. I felt at peace worshiping my Savior. I began to feel like myself again. 
The second was after church talking to my dear friend and RA from my freshman year, Danielle. I hesitate to say I felt like me, but it’s true once you reach a level of friendship with someone no matter how long it’s been since they’ve seen you they can literally look right into you and just know. It’s just like everything I’m feeling surfaced when I talked with her…
The third, I felt most like myself, was actually when I was talking to a complete stranger. I went to a little church mixer from my sister’s small group. Most of the people there were older and I felt out of place. But one of the mother’s told me that she wanted me to meet her daughter who was coming and needed to connect with other people my age and she was falling away from the Lord. Once she showed up I literally snapped into “make her feel welcome and reach out to her” mode. I felt like I was no longer the new kid but felt comfortable. I felt like me and that luckily continued into the night.
With moving I have ups and downs of emotions daily. There’s just a lot of change. But God is so faithful in it all. Of all the places I could have moved to, I know more people in this one area alone from Liberty which definitely makes the transition easier because I don’t feel completely alone. There’s an exciting city to explore, new church to attend, and the field I want to go into here is prominent everywhere. 
It’s not home, yet. Maybe once I have a real bed to sleep in at night and stop waking up at 4 AM like clock work it will be home. Or maybe right before I gear up to go back to school it will feel like home. I’m not sure because I always feel like I'll have a pull to Charlotte in one way shape or form. That's what home does. Maybe it's just a lessening of that pull will help....probably not. Charlotte will always be my first home and there are way too many people I love there to forgo the desire to want to go back. 
For now, I’m just gonna take it one day at a time and be grateful for the moments I’m not in a funk. 

2 comments:

  1. miss you.

    respect you.

    appreciate you.

    admire you.

    keep on keeping on - one day at a time. you're a game-changer for a lot of people you come in contact with. make Jesus famous in VA.

    ReplyDelete
  2. B-
    No matter where you are...you always feel at home. No one is a stranger to you. My bet is...you probably make people THERE feel at home...b/c you are so in love with Jesus. I love you, sweet girl! And am so very proud of you!!!
    Now...go sell some clothes...or coffee...or whatever?? At least its not chicken!!! Ha ha ha!

    ReplyDelete