


I had the amazing opportunity to go to a Hillsong Live concert on Sunday night with a group of about 15 people from the College group at Calvary--essentially, me and my 15 closest friends. lol. The first big discussion and continuing discussion of the night was which Hillsong was playing at the concert? My first reaction was there is more than one Hillsong? What does this mean? Did I buy a ticket to see the WRONG band? What??!!?! Well, apparently, as of now there are 3 Hillsongs--Hillsong, Hillsong United, and Hillsong Live. I still probably cannot tell you the difference between them except some of the band members--mainly being Joel Houston (sp?) and Brooke Fraser. I don't even know what they look like so in the end it didn't really matter. haha. All I know is the main guy was Reuben Morgan who is the writer of "Mighty to Save" and various other songs like that.
We left the church around 2ish. I drove in the car with my American-Russian friend who has his own rules of driving. Let's just say the impt things--I made it there safely and made it home safely...I looked down many times in the car so I didn't see what was going on in front of me, but overall with holding the handle bar in the car glances of concern with the other passengers, we were okay...at least no wreck, I'm still slightly emotionally scarred. haha.
We arrived 3 hours early to the church. Yes, we waited in 100 degree weather with extreme humidity in SC to get in. My friend and I decided it would be fun to try and sneak into the concert prematurely...Let's just say, I found a very promising open door, bypassing security, but I was a little too nervous of getting kicked out of the concert I went back in line. After 3 long hot sweaty, semi-delirious, hours of dreaming of cold air, the doors opened. I've never been to a concert with Calvary and had a bad seat..this was no exception. We were in rows 3-5.
The concert itself started at 730. It was so amazing. Beyond words. It was not a concert, it was a full out worship service. To see so many hands lifted up in praise not caring about who was around them worshiping our Lord and Savior in unity of spirit, declaring His name with talented God-centered musicians from all over the world---Australia, South Africa, and Sweden---was amazing. I loved the fact the words were on the screen, it helped sing the songs I didn't know. I must say tho, going to Liberty, we are def spoiled...Hillsong was for sure a caliber higher than campus praise, but not by much. I am so blessed to have that experience. And speaking of Liberty students, I know there were many there. I saw at least 2 I recognized, one being the regular Chick-Fil-A customer from Wards rd CFA and Arboretum Charlotte. He was one row away from me!! haha. O the irony.
Overall, the corporate worship was incredible. I am so blessed to have had that opportunity and it was def a night that I will forever remember.
great post! I'm sure it was amazing!
ReplyDelete