Two weeks into life at Liberty I distinctly remember thinking that everything was going to end like at camp where you have a lot of fun with a bunch of friends and then you go home. Two weeks til school ends and I guess I could say "camp" is ending. However, the person I was when I said those words is a very different person from the one I am today. The difference is as much as it may have had the camp feel, it definitely was not camp...and that's not a bad thing at all!!
This past year has probably been one of the most exciting, fun, whirlwind, full of ups and downs, spiritual growth and desert, and trying year I have had. I have loved every moment, despite the times I may have not exactly liked what was going on at that time. I have met so many different people from all over the country, backgrounds, and experiences. I have lived on a hall with 70 girls who have a variety of personality. I have had the opportunity to be involved in ministry and have learned the ups and downs, hard work, and successes and failures that it entails. I have been so blessed to have amazing roommates who are caring, loving, and considerate. I have gone to many concerts, including the fray, skillet, tobymac, the joys of coffeehouse, and open mic night. I have experienced a Christian education where teachers pray to start class. I acted in a short play as a psychotic girl who yelled and got in a cat fight. I have lived in real snow for the first time and skied on fake snow. I have had the opportunity to live on my own (to an extent...Liberty is a very family oriented environment). I have time to grow up and make decisions for myself. I have had the opportunity to work at another Chick-Fil-A and interact with Lynchburgians and embraced the awkwardness. I have had some of the best nights of my life totally unplanned. I have had jam sessions on guitar. I have listened to amazing speakers in convo. I had the opportunity to speak with Dave Edwards, the pastor who spoke Student Life Camp 08 (Seeeeeekkkkasss!!) and was used by God to continue help transform my life. I have dealt with difficult situations with various people....and have learned so much about myself and others in the process. I listened to a survivor of the Holocaust. I went on some pretty awesome late nights....there are so many things I could list. I could literally spend forever and a day recounting memories and even more so write how much of an impact people have made on me this year.
Overall, this year has been epic. I couldn't have asked for better. I am so stoked for next year, yet saddened that things won't be the same ever again in a few weeks. Yet, I have to constantly remind myself that if I never came to Liberty (or done most of the things in my life for that matter), things would have been the same back at home...Change is bittersweet. Yet, the best part of the word is that it ends with the sweet.... God knows exactly what He is doing and won't leave me or forsake me. I have that promise and I am secure in that. I am forever grateful for such a great first year at college. I am beyond blessed to have such an amazing God, go to an wonderful university, make lifelong friends, and experience everything I have. I will miss this year, but I have multiple memories to remember and thousands more to make. Bring it on summer. I am almost ready for you!
No comments:
Post a Comment