Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Advice

Communication.
Advice.
Accountability.
Friendships.

Ever notice it's harder to take your own advice? Sometimes I wonder when I give advice to others if I would take it myself. Most people generally do listen and value my opinion...I guess it's harder when I'm in that position because sometimes I know what's right, but would rather not listen to it...even if it's what I tell the other person. This is one reason I absolutely love accountability in friendships. It takes humility to be honest enough with the other person about my struggles and I have to consistently chip away at my pride, but once I allow myself to do that I can sit down and listen to the insight of others. Half the time I know what the other person may say but I can't say it to myself or listen to it. When someone else verbalizes what I know is right it confirms all along that I should do it. Generally speaking, it's the things that are in God's Word that I need to be reminded of....such a cool thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment