Tomorrow I go back to Northern Virginia to commence my Thanksgiving break. I am super excited to spend time with my family and just relax...and do homework (hopefully). I'll probably explore DC or the nova area because there is always something to do around there. My goal is to find a good study spot--cute coffee shop? I think yes.
As excited as I am to have a bit of a break from college I haven't been able to get Charlotte off my mind this whole week. Everyone I'm talking to is anticipating going home and have plans with to catch up with their family, spend time with friends etc. I have some plans as well but I haven't been dwelling on it too much cause so I don't get homesick...It's a weird place to be knowing that I won't be riding south to the crisp...but probably still hot Charlotte air and its surroundings that literally brings a smile off my face when I exit on 485 to Stonecrest.
In this hybrid state of my family moving and still having ties elsewhere, sometimes I make myself nervous with the little details I forget. The other day I literally couldn't even remember the name of the town my family moved to, to save my life...and usually as a nerd I am ridiculously good with details.
I have been blessed with good solid friends from Liberty that live in nova and some new friends from the summer I hope to catch up with. I just can't get over the familiarity of home...driving to Qdoba, Chickfila, Calvary, Starbucks, my friends houses where I just seem to be at peace, catching up with people that know me. I joked that I'll probably wind up skyping all my Charlotte friends over break. Truth is, that's probably true. I'll be back in the area for Christmas break for a little bit which is not that far off at all. It's not the end of the world not being able to go "home." With all the change, I am grateful for the familiarity of nova now and the adventures that can occur and am thankful for God's blessings.
Sometimes I just miss home and all that it entails.
No comments:
Post a Comment