This weekend has been awesome.
Actually, this whole week has been pretty sweet. Despite the busy busy time it's been with all the different responsibilities I have had, I have also been extremely blessed to participate in all that I have had. God keeps on showing Himself faithful time and time again in the little things and big things of my life. I can't thank Him enough. I think one of the coolest moments I had this week was the opportunity to sit down with my pastor Johnnie Moore here at Liberty. Since this place is so big it's rare that you can get some one-on-one time with the upper guys. But with my new job I had to interview him so I had that time. After we did the interview with him I was able to talk to him and thank him for being my pastor and speaking truth in my life. It was a pretty sweet moment and I thank God for providing me that.
One way I've been overwhelming blessed in has been my friendships! This past weekend I had the awesome opportunity to spend some quality time with my dear friend Emily Ladnier. We have been friends since 7th grade and she is part of the reason I'm here at Liberty. Since the move I wasn't able to spend my summer nights I cherish with her this past summer, but I am so pumped that we had the chance to go to the same school so we can spend time with one another. I honestly feel so uplifted when I'm hanging out with her. We enjoyed our night of salsa dancing, sleeping in, great Christ-centered conversation over breakfast, and spontaneous fun. I am grateful for the time I had with her this weekend.
Every time I sit down and thank God for things in my life I tend to get overwhelmed with awe on how He has given me such amazing people to know--those whose hearts are passionate for Him- always pushing me forward to Him. I am in walking distance of such beautiful people inside and out. Two of best friends lives across the hall from me, I have an incredible roommate, and great friends in a small radius--Philemon 1:7
The rest of the weekend I spent footballin it up!!! What What! It started early in the day with tailgating with the broskies and then in the stadium. One thing I love about this place is the sense of community--and this was no different. It It was great to see the bonds form between people on the hall and with the bros and all gather together to cheer on the football team--HOMERUN!! Yeah, that's basically my knowledge of football, but I cheered hard, wore red, surprisingly stayed the whole time (it's typical to leave early) and saw an amazing fireworks show at the end of the game. At football games, or any big event, I have trouble sitting still. But really, I am always moving around to talk to different people--checkin in to see how everyone's doing, cheer hard, maybe even practice the same jokes on the different friend groups...at least I'm honest.
The time on the mountain has been nice this weekend...now today shall be spent sharpening my mind, getting down to business with my homework. But don't worry--I will end the night with my all-time favorite sport- BROOMBALL!!! Couldn't be more psyched.
Thank you Lord for a blessed past 7 days. You are too good to me.
No comments:
Post a Comment