Friday, August 19, 2011

Happy Birthday Celia!!!

Celia Jimenez. Words can't describe the blessing that you are in my life. I met you and your husband when God placed you guys in my life during a very pivotal time in my in my junior year of high school. Your personality and mine clicked automatically and from the very beginning I respected both of you so much. Despite the past experiences surrounding having youth pastors at Calvary, for the first time in my life, I felt like I was truly being shepherded my pastors. You challenged me in so many ways to push me to walk worthy of the Lord, fully pleasing Him in every good work. You told me the truth and held me to a higher standard, never backing down. You did all of this in the love and Christ-like compassion. When I couldn't hold my own head up to see into my future, you gave me a glimpse of what I could do and encouraged me to do it. You opened up your home to me and welcomed me into your life. And to this very day, I am still reaping the blessings of the time of high school. I know that you are always there for me in the hardest parts of my life and the most joyous and are only a phone call away....or even a drive if I needed to stay the night at your house. While we aren't physically close in the same location, the relationship that we have is merely one where we can pick-up where we left off. You and your family are my spiritual family and when I think of you I can truly say,  "Remember your leaders, who spoke the word of God to you. Consider the outcome of their way of life and imitate their faith." Thank you for giving me the example of examples. "Imitate me as I imitate Christ." Thank you for being that person to me. I love you SO much and am incredibly blessed and honored to know you. I have the highest respect for you. 
Have an awesome fantastic happy birthday!!!!! Enjoy the cake!!! :)

2 comments:

  1. i'm a weeper over here... love to hear you speak so highly and lovingly and truthfully about the AMAZING blessing that celia is. i think anyone who meets her and gets 10 minutes with her walks away a better person. praying God's best for you as you seek to follow him with all your heart, mind, and strength.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My sweet Bethany...you are my joy and my crown! I am so humbled by this post! :-) You sly little thing you...from a for sale sign in my yard to a blog post?! Who knew? I love you sweet girl...and I know for a fact that all of this is a tribute to the power of God's Word and the obedience of your heart to it...and the undeniable leading of the Holy Spirit. I too am so thankful for you in my life and am blessed by your wholehearted devotion to His TRUTH. I love you, sweet friend!!!
    I found a love in me
    I always somehow knew that it existed
    It just needed to be set free
    Bon Voyage

    ReplyDelete