Sunday, January 1, 2012

The Man Who Stole My Heart


Meet Erick Casa, my little man. 
God has been laying on my heart for quite sometime to sponsor a child…and every time I mean to do it, I don’t. On my drive to and from nova to Charlotte I downloaded some sermons, not knowing the topics, just knowing the pastors were legit. Both sermons were about being the church outside of the walls and the commandment to love God, love people. Take care of widows and orphans. Help the poor.
I couldn’t help think about how I want to travel and go do something out in the world as well as well as my community. God has laid so much on my heart, and I want to do so much for kingdom. I’m not going to wait, even if I can’t go, I’ll find a way to do something. Even if it’s a little something, I want to do it. One thing God has blessed me with is a job—and with that I try to find ways to bless people with my finances in my circle, but I want it to extend beyond that.
So to make sure I didn’t forget or get distracted, I quickly put a note on my phone. 
Choosing a child might have been the hardest. But not really at the same time. I went in with one purpose, while looking at all the cute faces was so much fun, I’m sponsoring a child that has the same birthday as mine. Anyone who knows me, knows how much I love birthdays in general and I love my own. So in choosing a child I wanted to have an automatic connection with him…and a birthday is a strong connection. Erick was the only one I found with my birthday. I could’t take my eyes off this little guy. Erick will turn 5 when I turn 21 :)
To top it off, Erick is from Bolivia- a Spanish speaking country! So I can write letters to him in his language. 
My prayer for this year is for me to be used in ways I can’t imagine…to know God and make him known in more ways than I ever have before. 
Let this year be different. Let it be good. May God’s name be proclaimed to the ends of the earth. 
Take this heart
Set it on fire
Shining in the dark
I wanna tell the world of who You are
All I am is Yours

I give You all my life
I’m letting it go
A living sacrifice
No longer my own
All I am is Yours
All I am is Yours

No comments:

Post a Comment