Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Refreshed!

The past 3 months have been hands down amazing. Summer, where have you gone? Well, I'm not giving up on you yet. Believe me, there are still a handful of days before classes start. However, I head off to Liberty in about a day. Wow. It feels surreal! Upon returning home to Charlotte I was a little out of sorts with adjusting to home life. Everything reminded me of the burg-- mainly, the people, the jokes, the weird habits etc. I had to readjust to living in Charlotte and reconnect with people that have known me for quite some time, but not so much the current me, for lack of better terms. It was a little awkward at first (I know I'm awkward, but not like that haha) because I was coming into a familiar place where I know everyone, but it was almost as if I had forgotten and it had been slightly blurred over by this past year. Maybe it was that, or maybe I had changed a lot as a person. None of these were bad necessarily, being away had changed me to an extent, but I wouldn't say for the worse in anyway, it's just mainly different. The good thing though, I wasn't the only one who had gone off to college and returned to Charlotte.
First off, I go to the best church ever. Seriously. I have been ministered to, challenged, done ministry, met the most amazing people etc. I am beyond blessed to go to Calvary and to have the involvement in the youth group I had (and still do occasionally) and now the College group. My fondest memories from this summer revolved around time spent with people from church. I have been able to rekindle friendships and made new ones and I am forever grateful for that. I'm gonna miss our Saturday night frisbee and stonecrest hang out, Sunday night volleyball, Tuesday night bible study, and every other random night we've had...I love the spontaneity of everything as well. For instance last night we had Bible Study, then went bowling with about 20 people that was not very planned, and then continued to Cookout after...I had the awesome opportunity to hike the Appalachian trail with 12 friends, see wild ponies, experience God's beauty...go to Hillsong. etc. The list could go on and on...


Since it could, I decided to make a top list of summer things(I like that making a statement as writing this inspired the list...haha):
-I walked 10 miles to Freedom Park one day from Chickfila. People don't do this, it was basically just walking on a road to a park.
-I drove a car for a few weeks that did not have windshield wipers. Let's just say I would lean forward a lot to see out if it was raining, and when it got bad, I was stuck at work for 2 hours
-Top movies of the summer: Date Night (shirt it up!), Killers, The Book of Eli possibly kinda sorta Twilight, and Freshman Father ( a hallmark movie)
-I didn't eat meat for a full month. Who does random things like that? Apparently me.
-Got chased by a bee for a half hour while taking orders outside at Chickfila. I was mid-order and had to run away from the customer flailing and try to finish up.
-Lorraine Irene Pico, my 1990 Buick LaSaber, is in a better place now..so they tell me
-The Book of Joshua
-Glozell
-Salsa Dancing
-My tan
-Random and awesome phone calls and skype dates...it's funny how being a part from some people at school, I actually became closer with them as friends :)
-Amazed by the Lord's provisions one word: Corn Hole
-THE BEACH
-and of course, YOFORIA...I'm really upset about going back to school for this reason :( :( :(

So many random thoughts coming through my mind. But that's a little recap of the past 3 months...and now I can say I am refreshed and almost kinda sorta maybe readyish to go back to school.

No comments:

Post a Comment