I think it's so cool how random things are, that they are simply divine appointments. That is my first of many thoughts crossing my mind at the moment. My parents were attending a wedding of a childhood friend of mines today while I was working. They were at a park where the wedding was and my dad saw someone through a window that looked familiar. Well unbeknown-est, my third cousin, whom I don't recollect ever meeting, happened to at the same time be in Charlotte randomly at the same park taking pictures with her roommate and needed to use the restroom and the only place she find was the very same location where the wedding was taking place in the middle of a random park in Charlotte. She lives in Charleston and they happened to be here for the day. So incredibly random, it must have been divine. At the very moment that my dad happened to be standing there they saw each other from the distance and then after a few double takes realized that they were who they thought they were. They wound up coming over to our house and it was the coolest thing. My cousin is a Christian and is related to me and is normal! So weird with my family!! haha. But after speaking with them I realized that these things are just too random to occur. I'm excited to see what God will do through this and through the networking that took place. :)
On another note while all of this was going on I had to pick up my sister while she was working. I was bogged down because of a friend situation that I really didn't know how to handle. I was angry at the situation but not at the friend per say. The people that I really wanted to talk to, I couldn't and that was frustrating because I really wanted to talk with them. I was driving and listening to music and just basically having a conversation with myself and God at the same time. The people whom I wanted to talk with I couldn't, the one I really wanted to talk to, won't and I was left just me and the steering wheel. I really wrestled with it as I was driving, talking, praying...realizing that I had to give it to God and trust Him. I knew I could, but the situation is just so touchy and out of my control, but somewhat in my control. I can't control the actions of others, but I want what's best for them...I was singing the words, "the light of your presence reveals my heart, it's there in that moment I'm set apart..Holy Father Uncover me. You the truth that sets me free. Break my pride til all I see, is all of you uncovering me." I generally saw this song as a song of repentance, but as I sang it, the feelings I felt didn't necessarily go away, I continued to be torn, but I realized that the emotions I was experiencing were completely raw before God. He was uncovering me and showing me that I am not in control, no matter how much I want to be. I had to rely on Him for guidance, to see if I needed to speak with the people I thought I couldn't. Just general guidance. But more or less, it was me being real before my Father. Broken. I still don't know what to do except what I did, give it to God. I talked with a good friend and more things are surfacing. I think only time will tell. But I prayed the other day that I don't want anything but God and He has been showing me even in the simplest ways, that is what is real...I won't always be able to talk with other or go to someone, I need to purely be able to rely on Him.
No comments:
Post a Comment